You always wanted to try out, if you can cut your own hair? With the DIY version you can easily save money and time. However, the right preparation is worthwhile, so that your project succeeds. You do not need professional equipment to cut your hair yourself. There are three basics that you should use. A sharp hairdressing scissors, a mirror and a comb. Here are our best tips for cutting tips, split ends and pony.
Cutting hair yourself: Three important tips
Of course you should not blindly put on the scissors and cut loose. After all, a bad haircut does not grow from one day to the next. These three tips help with the successful DIY haircut.
- The haircut should be simple. Cutting tips, removing split ends and trimming pony are easy to implement. Elaborate step cuts or short hairstyles should be made better by the hairdresser.
- Use a proper hair trimmer. The special scissors are sharper than conventional household and nail scissors. The best view of your hair, if you use a practical magnifying mirror to help you.
- Work your way slowly and cut off only a few inches at the beginning. Once you have developed a feel for the scissors, you can cut your hair to the desired length.
Cut tips yourself
Healthy hair should be cut regularly. The more the hair grows, the more likely it is to split ends . If you do not cut your tips regularly, this split ends in hair breakage that thins your hair in the long term and makes growth difficult.
For A Beautiful Haircut
This is how it works in five steps
- You can cut your tips in a dry or wet condition, but when wet, they are easier to tame. At the beginning of your DIY haircut, draw a straight center part. Then you put your hair on both sides over your shoulders forward. If you have help from friends or family, the hair can be cut over your back.
- Use the right pair of scissors. Many make the mistake of using conventional scissors that are too blunt for haircutting. You should use suitable scissors, such as this hair trimmer , which is sharp enough and will not fray your hair.
- For a straight haircut, longer hairs at the hairdresser like to cut U-shaped. This means that the front hairs should end up being slightly shorter than the back ones.
- Draw your hair with your fingers by pinching between your index and middle fingers, or taut with a crest of tight tines . Then you can start cutting. It is important that you do not try to cut the hair in one piece, this could cause edges. Slowly work your way through the hair and cut off less than too much.
- Once you have cut both sides, you can once again comb the hair thoroughly with a comb and pull it back smooth. So you may still notice edges that you want to cut.
Also Check Great Clips 6.99 Coupon For A Beautiful Haircut
This is how you can remove split ends
Hair splitting is particularly annoying because it permanently thins the hair and promotes hair breakage. There is a simple and effective way to remove split ends yourself.
Thats how it works
- You work your hair strand by strand of hair through your hair. Start by splitting a 2 to 3 centimeter thick strand of hair with your fingers.
- Twirl your hair around each other, that means you turn it until a small twisted strand becomes visible. Twirl your hair as tight as possible.
- Use the appropriate pair of scissors, it must be particularly sharp. The right hair scissors are best .
- The broken tips are detached from the twisted strand and can be easily recognized if you hold them against the light. Remove the protruding strands with the scissors and repeat this process with each strand of hair.
- You can repeat this procedure every 4 to 6 weeks.
Before you start your cut, you divide the pony party with a comb from the rest of your hair. The longer hair you can fix with a Zopfgummi or clips, so it is not in your way. Especially suitable for this are hair clamps , as you know them from the hairdresser. When cutting pony your hair should be dry, so you can better estimate the hair length.
This is how your pony is getting
Cutting a straight pony yourself is not difficult as you might think. You start in the middle of your pony and cut one after another the strands to the edge. If you cut easily from below, you avoid edges.
So you cut a weird pony
You proceed as if cutting a straight pony and divide the pony party from the rest of your hair. Keep your hair scissors upright and cut diagonally the desired bangs.